TRAGEDY STRUCT ONDO :As Embattled Regent Found Dead

Tragedy struck in Akure, Ondo state as the queen  of Oba LuMure Ayelomi of Ayeka in Okitipupa
area of the state, Olori Dupe, was found dead after she was kidnapped ten days after, even when her abductors had collected N2m.
The kidnappers had requested  for N30m  from the traditional ruler who pleaded that they should consider the harsh economic realities in the country.
The queen’s  corpse was dumped at the outskirts of   Ode Aye along Ore Road.
Meanwhile, the Akungba-Akoko regent, Omosowon, and some of her aides were kidnapped along Ose- Owo expressway on their way from a public function in Akure.
The regent was held for two weeks because her kidnappers refused to reduce the N20m ransom they requested from her family and her community.
The intervention of the state government and security operatives, from within and outside the state, later paid off as the kidnappers den was invaded.
Omosowon, narrating her  in the hands of her captors, said she was chained, blindfolded for two weeks under a  cocoa tree.
She has since returned home but still visits the Trauma Centre in Ondo town for treatment following the injuries inflicted on her head by her abductors.

Her two weeks experience left a sour taste in her mouth and memories to last her entire life time.
Consequently, she declared  she was tired of the throne and ready to abdicate for a traditional ruler, asking Akungba-Akoko  kingmakers to expedite action on the process to fill the stool of the Alale which has been vacant for 10 years.
Three other persons  earlier kidnapped  equally breathed the air of freedom as detectives stormed the kidnappers  hideout at Arimagija in the thick forest in Ose council area of the state.
They include  an NYSC member,  Azuibike Ijeoma; an Indian, Alex John Thekinathy; and his orderly, Obute Sunday. The regent’s driver, Aliu Abdujelili, was also freed.
Last week, the Executive Secretary  of the Cocoa Association of Nigeria (CAN), Michael Adewunmi, was abducted on his way to the office.
He was later released after his  family allegedly paid ransom. He spent only  48hours in captivity.
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the CAN boss, in attempt to escape from his captors, sustained  injuries.
Adewunmi, who declined to speak on his encounter with the kidnappers, only said that the  48hours experience in the custody of the abductors  was “horrible and would linger in his memory for the rest of his life” .
A thanksgiving has been organized by his family    to appreciate God for saving him.


Related Post